Dear Blessed Sacrament Families,
Greetings from Bulldog Country! I hope you and your family have been able to enjoy the first weeks of summer and are enjoying quality time with one another. The School Office is in the midst of closing out the school year and opening our 2020/2021 school year.
Throughout June, I will be updating this page with the following informational listed below. This information will assist our families in preparing for our new school year.
- Blessed Sacrament Instructional Calendar
- Summer Reading Logs – Kinder and First Grade Reading Log, Second Grade Summer Reading Log
- Summer Reading Homework – Third Grade Reading, Fourth Grade, Fifth Grade, Middle School
- Summer Reading Summary Assignment for Free Choice Book (Intermediate Grade Levels)
- Summer Reading Assignment for Middle School Students – Will Be Mailed to Home Address
- Summer Math Homework – Dreambox
- Back to School Activities Schedule
- General Uniform Information and School Supply List
- Uniform Store: Uniform Store Hours, Uniform Price List, Jacket, Sweater and Fleece Order Form
- After School Care (ASC) Information and Registration
- Criminal Background Check (Required for Volunteering)
- VIRTUS Online Training Instructions and Brochure (Required for Volunteering)
In addition, I am asking that you please anticipate the following items:
- Homeroom Parent Interest Form
- New Family Orientation Reservation Form
- Middle School Elective Sign-Up Form
Please accept our invitation to our Back-to-School Open House and Social on Thursday, August 13, 2020. The Open House will be held from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. and will provide parents and students the opportunity to meet their teacher(s) and drop off any school supplies alleviating heavy backpacks on the first day of school. Once you have dropped off supplies, you are invited to the Parish Hall for a dessert social and fellowship. This will be a great opportunity to celebrate our Catholic Christian faith, gather and build community, and celebrate the beginning of another great school year while enjoying an end of summer treat and sweet.
Blessed Sacrament is in the process of selecting a new cafeteria provider for the 2020/2021 school year. More information will be distributed to parents when a decision has been made.
On Monday, August 17, 2020, the first day of the new school year, students will receive a packet of information that should be reviewed by every parent/guardian and student. Items will include the 2020/2021 Parent-Student Policy Handbook Acknowledgement Form, Photography/Video Permission Form, Internet Usage Policy, Family Survey, Medication Permission Form, Family Emergency Card, Student Emergency Card, Student Insurance Application, and the BSS Jacket, Fleece Jacket and Sweater Order Form. In addition, please take note that we dismiss at 12:30 p.m. on the first day of school. Both lunch and after school care will be provided on the First Day of School.
Our Middle School Back-to-School Night will be held on Monday, August 17, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. followed by the Elementary and Intermediate Back-to-School Night on Tuesday, August 18, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. These evenings are a great way to learn more about your child’s school, teacher, curriculum, and classroom routines. Both evenings will begin with an information session in the Parish Banquet Hall.
Finally, I hope your summer season is filled with prayer, excitement, and activities. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the School Office at (210) 824-3381. The School Office will remain open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. We will be closed on Friday, July 3, 2020 in observance of Independence Day. We will resume regular hours beginning Monday, August 3, 2020.
I pray the Holy Family of Jesus, Mary, and Joseph continue to watch your family.
In Christ’s peace,
What's Going On This Week
Check Out Spike News
A Weekly Overview of the Blessed Sacrament Catholic School.View Latest Edition