Dear Blessed Sacrament Families,
Greetings from Bulldog Country! I hope you and your family have been able to enjoy the first weeks of summer and are enjoying quality time with one another. The School Office is in the midst of closing out the 2017/2018 school year and opening our 2018/2019 school year. We had many blessings last year and ask that you continue to pray that our school community continues to be blessed by the one, true, and holy Blessed Sacrament.
I ask that you take a moment as a family to review the following informational items:
- 2018 2019 Instructional Calendar
- BBack to School Activities Schedule
- Early Childhood High Frequency Word List
- Gearing Up for Pre-Kinder and Kinder
- Religious Prayers by Grade Level
- Recommended Summer Reading List for Elementary Students
- First Grade Summer Reading Log and Second Grade Summer Reading Log
- Required Reading for Intermediate Students and Middle School Students
- Required Reading Assignments for Intermediate Students and Middle School Students
- Summer Blueprint Parent Letter and Blueprint Log for Elementary Students
- Summer Foundations Parent Letter and Foundations Log for Intermediate Students
- Summer Math Parent Letter for Middle School Students
- School Supply List
- Uniform Store: Uniform Store Hours, Uniform Price List, Jack and Fleece Order Form
- After School Care (ASC) Information and Registration
- Criminal Background Check (Required for Volunteering)
- VIRTUS Online Training Instructions and Brochure (Required for Volunteering)
In addition, I am asking that you please anticipate the following items, which will be distributed electronically to the email address you provided on your registration form:
- Homeroom Parent Interest Form
- New Family Orientation Reservation Form
- Middle School Elective Sign-Up Form
- Student Email Set-Up Instructions
Please accept our invitation to our Back-to-School Open House and Social on Tuesday, August 14, 2018. The Open House will be held from 4:30 p.m. to 6:0 p.m. and will provide parents and students the opportunity to meet their teacher(s) and drop off any school supplies alleviating heavy backpacks on the first day of school. Once you have dropped off supplies, you are invited to the Parish Hall for a dessert social and fellowship. Fr. Chris also invites you to stay for our parish’s Vigil Mass for the Solemnity of the Assumption, a holy day of obligation. This will be a great opportunity to celebrate our Catholic Christian faith, gather and build community, and celebrate the beginning of another great school year while enjoying an end of summer treat and sweet.
Blessed Sacrament will continue using Anne Marie’s as our lunch caterer for the 2018/2019 school year. As with last year, lunch orders must be placed by Thursday, at minimum, ahead of the scheduled week allowing Anne Marie’s to purchase necessary items.
On Thursday, August 16, 2018, the first day of the new school year, students will receive a packet of information that should be reviewed by every parent/guardian and student. Items will include the 2018/2019 Parent-Student Policy Handbook Acknowledgement Form, Photography/Video Permission Form, Internet Usage Policy, Family Survey, Medication Permission Form, Family Emergency Card, Student Emergency Card, Student Insurance Application, and the BSS Fleece Jacket and Sweater Order Form. In addition, please take note that we dismiss at 12:30 p.m. on the first day of school. Both lunch and after school care will be provided on the First Day of School.
Our Middle School Back-to-School Night will be held on Monday, August 20, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. followed by the Elementary and Intermediate Back-to-School Night on Tuesday, August 21, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. These evenings are a great way to learn more about your child’s school, teacher, curriculum, and classroom routines. Both evenings will begin with an information session in the Parish Banquet Hall.
Finally, I hope your summer season is filled with prayer, excitement, and activities. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the School Office at (210) 824-3381. The School Office will remain open Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and will be closed on Fridays. We will resume regular hours beginning Wednesday, August 1, 2018.
I pray the Holy Family of Jesus, Mary, and Joseph continue to watch your family.
In Christ’s peace,
What's Going On This Week
Check Out Spike News
A Weekly Overview of the Blessed Sacrament Catholic School.View Latest Edition