Dear Blessed Sacrament Families,
Greetings from Bulldog Country! I hope you and your family have been able to enjoy the first weeks of summer and are enjoying quality time with one another. The School Office is in the midst of closing out the 2016/2017 school year and opening our 2017/2018 school year. We had many blessings last year and ask that you continue to pray that our school community continues to be blessed by the one, true, and holy Blessed Sacrament.
I ask that you take a moment as a family to review the following informational items:
- 2017/2018 Instructional Calendar
- Back to School Activities Schedule
- Early Childhood High Frequency Word List
- Gearing Up for Pre-Kinder and Kinder
- Religious Prayers by Grade Level
- 2017 Recommended Summer Reading List
- Reading Logs: First Grade and Second Grade
- Required Summer Reading: Third, Fourth and Fifth Grades and Middle School
- Reading Assignments: Third, Fourth and Fifth Grades, and Middle School
- Summer Math: Blueprint Instructions (First and Second Grades), Foundations Instructions (Third Grade through Sixth Grade)
- Summer Math Logs: First and Second Grade, Third through Fifth Grade, Sixth Grade
- School Supply List
- Uniform Store: August Store Hours, Uniform Price List, Jacket and Fleece Order Form
- After School Care (ASC) Information and Registration
- Criminal Background Check (Required for Volunteering)
- VIRTUS Online Training Instructions and Brochure (Required for Volunteering)
In addition, I am asking that you please anticipate the following items, which will be distributed electronically to the email address you provided on your registration form:
- Homeroom Parent Interest Form
- Bulldog Athletic Information for Football, Volleyball and Cross Country
- RenWeb Parent Portal Login Information
- New Parent Orientation Reservation Form
- August Bulldog Activity Calendar
- August Cafeteria Menu
Please accept our invitation to our Back-to-School Open House and Social on Friday, August 18, 2017. The Open House will be held from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. and will provide parents and students the opportunity to meet their teacher(s) and drop off any school supplies alleviating heavy backpacks on the first day of school. Once you have dropped off supplies, you are invited to the Parish Hall for a dessert social and fellowship. This will be a great opportunity to celebrate our Catholic Christian faith, gather and build community, and celebrate the beginning of another great school year while enjoying an end of summer treat and sweet.
Blessed Sacrament will continue using Spice of Life as our lunch caterer for the 2017/2018 school year. As with last year, lunch orders must be placed by Wednesday, at minimum, ahead of the scheduled week allowing Spice of Life to purchase necessary items.
On August 21, 2017, the first day of the new school year, students will receive a packet of information that should be reviewed by every parent/guardian and student. Items will include the 2017/2018 Parent-Student Policy Handbook Acknowledgement Form, ASC Registration Form, Photography/Video Permission Form, Internet Usage Policy, Family Survey, Medication Permission Form, Family Emergency Card, Student Emergency Card, Student Insurance Application, and the BSS Fleece Jacket and Sweater Order Form. In addition, please take note that we dismiss at 12:30 p.m. on the first day of school. Both lunch and after school care will be provided on the First Day of School.
Our Middle School Back-to-School Night will be held on Monday, August 21, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. followed by the Elementary and Intermediate Back-to-School Night on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. These evenings are a great way to learn more about your child’s school, teacher, curriculum, and classroom routines. Both evenings will begin with an information session in the Parish Banquet Hall.
Finally, I hope your summer season is filled with prayer, excitement, and activities. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the School Office at (210) 824-3381. The School Office will remain open Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and will be closed on Fridays. We will resume regular hours beginning Tuesday, August 1, 2017.
I pray the Holy Family of Jesus, Mary, and Joseph continue to watch your family.
In Christ’s peace,
What's Going On This Week
Check Out Spike News
A Weekly Overview of the Blessed Sacrament Catholic School.View Latest Edition