Friends of Blessed Sacrament,
On Wednesday, February 14, 2018, our Catholic Church enters the holy season of Lent. Unlike the preparation season of Advent, Lent is a time for us to pause, repent and clean our hearts and minds ahead of Easter. During the 40 Days of Lent, Christians around the world take time to increase their prayer, fasting and almsgiving.
To learn more about Lent, check out Lent in 3 Minutes which provides an overview of Lent’s meaning, traditions and practices.
For many people, Lent is a time of “giving up” something – sweets, candy, sodas, bread, meat. While this continues to be an important tradition for Catholics, I invite you to dive deeper into your heart and mind and focus on Fasting & Feasting!
We can fast from being discontent and feast on gratitude.
We can fast from anger and feast on patience.
We can fast from pessimism and feast on optimism.
We can fast from complaining and feast on appreciation.
We can fast from bitterness and feast on forgiveness.
We can fast from self-centeredness and feast on compassion for others.
We can fast from discouragement and feast on hope.
We can fast from gossiping and feast on silence.
Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church and School are providing a number of opportunities for individuals and families to grow during this Lenten season. I invite you to read below on the various events and activities knowing that you are always welcomed!
- Daily Mass – 6:30 a.m. (M-F), 8:00 a.m. (T and F), 5:30 p.m. (M, W, Th)
- Confession – Saturdays, 3:00 p.m. – 5:15 p.m.
- Movie Nights – Mondays, 7:00 p.m. in the Parish Hall
- Stations of the Cross – Fridays, 7:00 p.m. in the Church
- Lenten Mission – March 5-6, 2018 at 7:00 p.m.
- Reconciliation Service – Thursday, March 15, 2018 at 7:00 p.m.
- David Kaufman Concert – Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at 7:00 p.m.
- Sedar Meal – Wednesday, March 28, 2018 at 7:00 p.m.
- Living Stations of the Cross – Thursday, March 29, 2018 at 8:30 a.m.
- Mass of the Lord’s Last Supper – Thursday, March 29, 2018 at 7:00 p.m.
- Passion of the Lord & Veneration of the Cross – Friday, March 30, 2018 at 3:00 p.m.
- Tenebrae – Friday, March 30, 2018 at 7:00 p.m.
- Easter Vigil – Saturday, March 31, 2018 at 8:00 p.m.
Please know that I continue to pray for you and your family daily. May the Holy Family of Jesus, the Blessed Mother and Saint Joseph continue to watch over you.