- Applicants for this scholarship must have attended Blessed Sacrament Catholic School during a student’s Fourth Grade and Fifth Grade years.
- Applicants for this scholarship must be registered at Blessed Sacrament Catholic School for their Sixth Grade year.
- Applicants for this scholarship must have received no grade lower than an 85 in all core subjects during their Fourth Grade and Fifth Grade academic years. Core subjects include Religion, Reading, Spelling, English, Math, Science, and Social Studies.
- Applicants for this scholarship must have a Conduct Grade of S, S+, or O in each of the adding periods during their Fifth Grade year.
- Applicants for this scholarship must not have received an In School Suspension (ISS) or Off Campus Suspension (OCS) during their Fifth Grade Year or be on a Behavior Contract at the time of the application process.
- The awarding of this scholarship is not dependent on financial need.
- The applicant’s family must be current on all tuition, school fees, and incidental accounts including after school care, cafeteria, athletics, field trips, extracurricular activities, etc.
- The applicant’s family must be a registered parishioner of Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church during the student’s Fifth Grade year.
The Principal will create an application with basic demographic information. This information will be removed during the scoring process. This year’s application is listed below.
Fr. Jack O’Donoghue was known for his homilies. Applicants will be asked to create a video essay giving advice to younger students explaining two or three key strategies for having a positive elementary school year experience.
The Parent Engagement Specialist will be tasked with the responsibility of filming the students so filming is uniform and with consistent quality. This year’s filming will take place at 1:00 p.m. on Friday, May 5, 2023.
Scholarship Timeline, Application Review
The Fr. Jack O’Donoghue Memorial Scholarship will be published annually. The Principal is responsible for publicizing the application to the school community.
Applications will be accepted through 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 3, 2023. If this falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or School Holiday, then the due date will take place on the next school day.
The Principal will work with a committee of five individuals who will be responsible for reading and scoring applications using a rubric. The four individuals include:
- School Council Member Appointed by the President
- Parish Finance Council Member Appointed by the Pastor
- The Elementary Coordinator and Rotation Level Coordinators for the School.
- A Parishioner Appointed by the Principal
The Committee will then submit their completed rubrics to the Principal on or before May 15th.
The Principal, in consultation with the Parish Business Manager, will determine how many scholarships are to be awarded that year and the amounts for each scholarship.
The scholarship recipients will be announced and presented at the annual Academic Awards Ceremony by the School Council Student Services Chairperson.
The scholarship amounts will be deducted from the annual tuition rate in July ahead of the new school year.
What's Going On This Week
Check Out Spike News
A Weekly Overview of the Blessed Sacrament Catholic School.View Latest Edition
Welcome Back Bulldogs! I hope you had an enjoyable summer and are ready to grow as we begin our 2023/2024 school year!
Our First Day of School will be on Monday, August 14, 2023. We will have a 12:30 p.m. Dismissal with lunch and after school care being provided. Please note that our First Day of School will be a Regular Uniform Day, not a Spirit Dress Day.
Also, we will have Mass this week on Tuesday for the Assumption of the Blessed Mother. The Regular Uniform may be worn as it is still a bit hot for shirts and ties!
Have a GREAT week!