Dear Blessed Sacrament Families,
This weekend, I will be distributing a central location on our school’s website with assignments for the instructional week of Monday, March 23, 2020 through Friday, March 27, 2020. It is my hope to provide this central location to assist families and students with locating their distance learning assignments.
Beforehand, however, I would like to provide you with the norms I shared with the faculty this past week in a series of e-meetings.
Blessed Sacrament Catholic School commits itself to continuing our Mission & Catholic Identity, Academic Excellence and Communion & Community. As your school principal, and with the support of Fr. Chris Muñoz, I have established the following norms for the school faculty:
- As a Catholic School, we will work to continue to support parents as the primary educators of their children. Despite the absence of physical classes, the faculty and staff of our parish school will encounter each family in their unique situation and accompany them on this journey.
- Our Catholic faith will work to continue to be integrated into our blended learning experience during this required distance learning period. We will provide opportunities for communal prayer and worship, religious instruction and service opportunities within the home.
- The faculty will work to provide a blended learning program that will continue the academic successes of this school year. Teachers will work to provided live classes and recorded lessons using the school’s established learning platforms including experiential activities ensuring digital platforms are not the only means of instruction.
- The faculty will work to communicate with parents and students in a professional and timely manner understanding the difficulties of providing a distance learning program for elementary and middle school aged children.
- The faculty will work to have designated and published office hours to address any questions or concerns regarding distance learning assignments, student progress and academic concerns.
- Blessed Sacrament will work to provide online venues and activities to strengthen our Bulldog community during this challenging pandemic.
- The counseling department will work to continue to provide social, emotional, academic, and spiritual support to students. The counselor will be available to guide families through challenges arising from myriad changes to academic life caused by the pandemic, and to foster growth and resilience.
As I have mentioned before, we are #inthistogether because #weareblessed. While we cannot change circumstances beyond our control, we can change how we respond to the unexpected. Christ was very clear in His teaching – LOVE ONE ANOTHER. I am here for you and will do whatever I can to accompany you as we encounter Christ together.
In service of the Incarnate Word and Blessed Sacrament,