First and foremost, I would like to thank you for the commitment and dedication you have given the faith community of Blessed Sacrament Catholic School during the Fourth Grading Period. I am aware this circumstances surrounding COVID-19 have required each of you to “think outside the box” in your instructional planning, teaching strategies and assessment practices. I am confident that our children will continue to grow spiritually and academically because of your commitment and dedication to Catholic education.
Recently, the Department of Catholic Schools asked principals to delay the notification of 2020/2021 Ministry Agreements. As such, I would like to take advantage of the delay to redistribute a modified Questionnaire of Intent for School Personnel. This modification is taking into account the very real possibility that Distance Learning may be required during the 2020/2021 Instructional Year. I am aware the current transformation into a virtual school environment has been extremely challenging for some members of the staff. While my prayer remains this will not be the case, I must take into account how this distance learning approach may have either strengthened or changed your decision to return to Blessed Sacrament.
In addition, I am formally notifying each individual of the possibility for the need to freeze salaries for the next school year. As you are aware, the COVID-19 pandemic has caused a number of families to experience financial hardship. In some cases, this may be true for your own family. Unfortunately, I must prepare for a possible decline in enrollment given the short-term economic forecast. Naturally this is not an easy decision and it is not a final decision. I do not want you to find out, however, at the conclusion of this school year or at the beginning of the next school year.
This statement is for planning purposes only and is not binding on either party for any purposes whatsoever.
I ask the following steps be followed when discerning and completing your Questionnaire of Intent:
- Read The Way of Love (1 Corinthians 13:1-13).
- Read Greatest is Love, an adaptation for teachers.
- Read the Vision Statement and Mission Statement of Blessed Sacrament.
- Watch Being an Educator During the Pandemic.
- Reflect on your ministry and vocation of teaching at Blessed Sacrament
- First, ask yourself, “Does my philosophy match-up with the reading, reflection, vision and mission statement?”
- Second, ask yourself, “Am I happy continuing at Blessed Sacrament or is God calling me to something else, be somewhere else, or explore something else?”
- Next, ask yourself, “Am I at peace with my answers from above?”
- Finally, ask yourself, “Am I at peace with my answers from above knowing that distance learning is a very real possibility for the next school year?”
- Complete and submit your Questionnaire of Intent
Your Questionnaire of Intent should be submitted by 3:00 p.m. on Friday, May 8, 2020. If a Questionnaire of Intent is not submitted, it will be the understanding that you have decided not to return to Blessed Sacrament next year. As stated above, this statement is for planning purposes only and is not binding on either party for any purposes whatsoever.
In service to the Incarnate Word and Blessed Sacrament,
What's Going On This Week
Check Out Spike News
A Weekly Overview of the Blessed Sacrament Catholic School.View Latest Edition