National Junior Beta Club Election Information and Timeline
- Tuesday, November 19, 2019 – Officer Election Information Distributed
- Tuesday, November 26, 2019 – Nomination Forms and Required Information Due
- Tuesday, December 3, 2019 through Thursday, December 5, 2019 – Campaigning
- Principal must approve all campaign materials and poster locations.
- Campaign materials may not speak negatively about another student.
- Baked goods may not be distributed for campaigning.
- Friday, December 6, 2019
- Election Assembly, Grades 3 through 8 following First Friday Mass and Benediction
- Candidate Speeches
- Voting Takes Place Following Assembly
- Campaign materials must be taken down by 10:00 a.m.
- Results Announced at 2:55 p.m.
President (8th Grade Only)
- Presides at all National Junior Beta Club Officer and General Meetings.
- Supervises all National Junior Beta Club events and activities.
- Plans and presides over student body assemblies.
- Represents Blessed Sacrament Catholic School in activities with other schools.
- Serves a speaker at the Eighth Grade Awards Ceremony or Graduation Exercises.
Vice President and Chaplain (6th, 7th and 8th Grade Students Only)
- Fulfills the duties of the President in his/her absence.
- Coordinates the events and activities of Red Ribbon Week.
- Plans opening prayers for the National Junior Beta Club Officer and General Meetings.
- Coordinates student body prayer services and liturgical celebrations.
- Coordinates a schedule for altar servers for school liturgies.
Secretary (6th, 7th and 8th Grade Students Only)
- Keeps minutes from National Junior Beta Club Officer and General Meetings.
- Takes attendance at all National Junior Beta Club meetings, events and activities.
- Coordinates the publicity of National Junior Beta Club meetings, events and activities.
- Archives any publication or material related to the National Junior Beta Club.
Commissioner of Athletics (6th, 7th and 8th Grade Students Only)
- Plans a fall, winter and spring pep-rally for respective sport programs.
- Coordinates the publicity of athletic events.
- Coordinates the Blessed Sacrament Catholic School Field Day.
Commissioner of Middle School Houses (6th, 7th and 8th Grade Students Only)
- Plans and coordinates Middle School House activities.
- Keeps point totals for Middle School Houses.
Junior Commissioner (5th Grade Students Only)
- Promotes events, activities and school spirit among intermediate grade level students.
- Coordinates the campus’ recycling program.
- Assists the Commissioner of Athletics in planning the fall, winter, and spring pep rally programs.