- Applicants for this scholarship must have attended Blessed Sacrament Catholic School during a student’s Seventh Grade year.
- Applicants for this scholarship must be registered at Blessed Sacrament Catholic School for their Eighth Grade year.
- Applicants for this scholarship must have received no grade lower than an 85 in all core subjects during their Sixth Grade and Seventh Grade academic years. Core subjects include Religion, Reading/Literature, English, Math, Science, and Social Studies.
- Applicants for this scholarship must have a Conduct Grade of a S, S+, or O in each of the adding periods during their Seventh Grade year.
- Applicants for this scholarship must not have received an In School Suspension (ISS) or Off Campus Suspension (OCS) during their Seventh Grade Year or be on a Behavior Contract at the time of the application process.
- The awarding of this scholarship is not dependent on financial need.
- The applicant’s family must be current on all tuition, school fees, and incidental accounts including after school care, cafeteria, athletics, field trips, extracurricular activities, etc.
The Principal will create an application with basic demographic information. This information will be removed during the scoring process.
Mr. Trevino loved his faith, family, and watching movies.
Part of the application process will be to write an essay that incorporates your faith, family, and movies. First, select a movie that has had a positive impact on you. Then, write about how it has impacted you. If possible, incorporate your faith and/or family into your essay.
Essays must be typed, double-spaced, and between 300 and 500 words.
Scholarship Timeline, Application Review
The Jose Treviño Memorial Scholarship will be published annually by June 25th. If this falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or School Holiday, then the publication date will take place on the next school day. The Principal is responsible for publicizing the application to the school community.
The deadline for the 2023/2024 Jose Treviño Memorial Scholarship will be Saturday, September 30, 2023.
The scholarship recipients will be announced and presented at the annual Academic Awards Ceremony by Mrs. Treviño or her designee.
The Jose Treviño Memorial Scholarship
What's Going On This Week
Check Out Spike News
A Weekly Overview of the Blessed Sacrament Catholic School.View Latest Edition
Welcome Back Bulldogs! I hope you had an enjoyable summer and are ready to grow as we begin our 2023/2024 school year!
Our First Day of School will be on Monday, August 14, 2023. We will have a 12:30 p.m. Dismissal with lunch and after school care being provided. Please note that our First Day of School will be a Regular Uniform Day, not a Spirit Dress Day.
Also, we will have Mass this week on Tuesday for the Assumption of the Blessed Mother. The Regular Uniform may be worn as it is still a bit hot for shirts and ties!
Have a GREAT week!