Friends of Blessed Sacrament,
On Wednesday, February 26, 2020, our Catholic Church enters the holy season of Lent. Unlike the preparation season of Advent, Lent is a time for us to pause, repent and clean our hearts and minds ahead of Easter. During the 40 Days of Lent, Christians around the world take time to increase their prayer, fasting and almsgiving.
To learn more about Lent, check out Lent in 3 Minutes which provides an overview of Lent’s meaning, traditions and practices.
For many people, Lent is a time of “giving up” something – sweets, candy, sodas, bread, meat. While this continues to be an important tradition for Catholics, I invite you to dive deeper into your heart and mind and focus on Fasting & Feasting!
We can fast from being discontent and feast on gratitude.
We can fast from anger and feast on patience.
We can fast from pessimism and feast on optimism.
We can fast from complaining and feast on appreciation.
We can fast from bitterness and feast on forgiveness.
We can fast from self-centeredness and feast on compassion for others.
We can fast from discouragement and feast on hope.
We can fast from gossiping and feast on silence.
Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church and School are providing a number of opportunities for individuals and families to grow during this Lenten season. I invite you to read below on the various events and activities knowing that you are always welcomed!
- Daily Mass – 6:30 a.m. (M-F), 8:00 a.m. (T and F), 5:30 p.m. (M, W, Th)
- Confession – Saturdays, 3:30 p.m. – 5:15 p.m.
- Movie Nights – Mondays, 7:00 p.m. in the Parish Hall
- Stations of the Cross – Fridays, 7:00 p.m. in the Church
- Reconciliation Service – Thursday, April 2, 2020 at 7:00 p.m.
- Sedar Meal – Wednesday, April 8, 2020 at 7:00 p.m.
- Living Stations of the Cross – Thursday, April 9, 2020 at 8:30 a.m.
- Mass of the Lord’s Last Supper – Thursday, April 9, 2020 at 7:00 p.m.
- Passion of the Lord & Veneration of the Cross – Friday, April 10, 2020 at 3:00 p.m.
- Tenebrae – Friday, April 10, 2020 at 7:00 p.m.
- Easter Vigil – Saturday, April 11, 2020 at 8:00 p.m.
Please know that I continue to pray for you and your family daily. May the Holy Family of Jesus, the Blessed Mother and Saint Joseph continue to watch over you.